CEEQUAL can help a wide range of industry professionals, from across civil engineering, infrastructure, landscaping and public realm projects.
CEEQUAL provides a framework to help realise sustainable practice across the design, strategy, implementation and management of your project, as well as certifying this sustainability performance to enable communication of your achievements to the wider world.
Who do we work with?
CEEQUAL has worked with partners across the infrastructure and civil engineering lifecycle. Below you can view some of our partner organisations and explore the ways in which CEEQUAL supports clients, designers and contractors alike.
How CEEQUAL supports clients
- – Achieve long-term cost savings by embedding sustainable practices early in a project’s life
- – Improve reputation and avoid reputational risk
- – Enable demonstration of delivery of environmental, sustainability and/or corporate social responsibility
- – Identify the sustainability performance of projects and compare with other inhouse projects and competitors
- – Enable benchmarking of sustainability performance against a single industry standard
How CEEQUAL supports designers
- – Enable scrutiny of designs and processes through value engineering to ensure efficiency and sustainability
- – Ensure that sustainability is an important design consideration from the outset and that design decisions take into account sustainability outcomes
- – Identify and implement enhancement opportunities
How CEEQUAL supports contractors
- – Reduce cost savings due to sustainability considerations, such as reduced resource consumption and alternative material choices
- – Deliver and implement environmental and sustainability improvements on projects
- – Improve project management by providing a systematic approach to management within a framework of sustainability best practice
- – Enable evaluation of sustainability throughout the construction phase
- – Promote positive performance attitudes and team cohesiveness
- – Increase competitiveness between project and contract teams
CEEQUAL is applicable to all civil engineering, infrastructure, landscaping and public realm projects and contracts of any size or description. We have helped a vast range of projects achieve and certify their sustainability goals, including structures; groundworks; transport projects; energy; water; waste; and major projects.
To explore CEEQUAL certified projects, click the button below to view our case studies by project type.
Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
The idea for CEEQUAL was born at a meeting of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)’s Environment & Sustainability Board in 1999 and the ICE supported CEEQUAL through the feasibility study and development stage via its Research & Development Enabling Fund.
The Institution became one of CEEQUAL’s main shareholders remains a key partner in the Scheme. All CEEQUAL certificates carry the ICE crest alongside the CEEQUAL logo and are signed not only by CEEQUAL’s Chairman but also by the ICE President.
Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE)
As the organisation representing the collective views and business interests of the consultancy and engineering industry in the UK, the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) was one of the organisations represented on the Project Advisory Group during the development of the CEEQUAL assessment methodology and Manual.
ACE is the leading business association in the sector, with around 650 firms employing more than 90,000 large and small, operating across many different disciplines as its members. ACE’s representation and lobbying to government, major clients, the media and other key stakeholders, enables it to promote the critical contribution that engineers and consultants make to the nation’s developing infrastructure.
Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA)
The Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA), the representative body for civil engineering contractors, was one of CEEQUAL’s development partners and has been promoting the Scheme since its launch in 2003. Peter Crosland, CECA’s Civil Engineering Director is a member of the CEEQUAL Technical Advisory Group and provides liaison between CEEQUAL and CECA.
Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM), the professional body for water and environmental managers, was one of CEEQUAL’s development partners and has been promoting the Scheme since its launch in 2003. CIWEM is the leading independent Chartered professional body for water and environmental professionals, promoting excellence within the sector.
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
CEEQUAL worked with the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) in 2009 to assist in the development of a US equivalent to CEEQUAL. In partnership with the American Public Works Association and the American Council of Engineering Companies, ASCE launched Version 1.0, for piloting, of a sustainable infrastructure project rating system at the ASCE Annual Conference in Las Vegas in October 2010.
Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA)
(Formerly Australian Green Infrastructure Council)
CEEQUAL has a technical collaboration with the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (formerly Australian Green Infrastructure Council), which developed a sustainability assessment and rating tool for infrastructure projects in Australia, utilising parts of the underlying CEEQUAL methodology.
Established in 1973, Glenigan are the UK’s largest provider of construction contract leads and industry analysis.
Their exclusive partnerships with key industry organisations such as The Builders’ Conference and CEEQUAL means they provide the most comprehensive coverage of UK tenders and construction contracts and the most complete industry analysis available in the market.