PISAC is a living laboratory where new technologies and design will be developed and evaluated in use. Based on the model developed by BRE, PISAC results from the partnership between public and private agents in Brazil and the United Kingdom, involving the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MCTI); The Brazilian Chamber of Construction Industry (CBIC); The Building Research Establishment (BRE) and the University of Brasília (UnB), through the Laboratory of the Built Environment, Inclusion and Sustainability (LACIS). Currently, it has more than 300 organizations associated with the project, among them the Fraunhoufer Institute, Sinduscon-‐DF, Sinduscon-‐GO, UFMT, UFMG, Caixa Econômica Federal, CIRAT, Fundacer, Brazil Minérios, ABCIC, Brasal, ABDI, ABRAMAT, Construtora Pacaembu, Anicer and Cerâmica City.
- Plots are 12 x 10m
- Water connection
- Power connection
- On site Fast Wifi internet
- Testing and monitoring
- Access to PISAC meeting rooms and conference facilities
- Training courses by BRE and PISAC experts
- PISAC virtual library
- Access to on site consultancy
- Networking memberships
The great challenge of PISAC is to increase productivity with sustainability, integrating agents, actions and instruments. Some barriers that have already been identified are deficiencies in training, lack of standardization, industry culture and supply chain averse to change.
The mission of PISAC is to develop sustainable, high-performance technological innovations, meeting the current and future demands of the Construction Industry Productive Chain (CPIC) and society. This project, implemented in Brasilia, is a reference centre that works in a network as a catalyst for technical capacities consolidated in the country and internationally, focusing on development projects using cutting-edge solutions such as information technology and communication, internet of things and big data to address issues critical to the future of urban environments such as smart buildings, urban infrastructure (resource management, smart grids, clean energy), mobility and resilience.
PISAC aims to integrate agents, resources, actions and knowledge, through collaborative networks, aimed at the decentralization and democratization of technologies and innovation. In addition to science and research & development, PISAC presents a business opportunity platform for the construction industry and associated industries through the application of innovative and sustainable solutions in projects and projects supported by our international collaboration network.
Search for partner and research funding to demonstrate innovative construction methods and evaluate their performance through a set of specific criteria;
- Bring the private sector to invest in research on innovation and sustainability in the construction sector
- Locate PISAC at the centre of Brazil and, prominently, at the international level;
- Develop an ongoing research programme with academic partners from the University of Brasilia, from other Brazilian Universities and at an international level;
- Establish partnerships in the construction and financing of innovation, demonstration prototypes;
- To create and maintain a computerized environment to integrate, disseminate and promote BRE’S network of innovation parks worldwide, considering that the Park is part of BRE’S worldwide network of innovation parks and enabling access and exchange of knowledge in Brazil and abroad;
- Support the use of technological solutions, validated by discerning standards of innovation and sustainability, in real projects.
Implement a living laboratory in the centre-west region of Brazil, a reference centre on sustainable technologies that will work in a network, as a catalyst for technical capacities consolidated in the country and internationally, aiming research and development focused on the built environment.
The site and its facilities
Located at the heart of the University of Brasilia – Darcy Ribeiro Campus, construction due to commence November 2018