Do you want to prove your company’s BIM process capabilities?
We can help you achieve global BIM recognition in the industry. The BRE Global ISO 19650-2:2018 BIM Certification Scheme for Businesses assesses your company, anywhere in the world, against ISO 19650-2:2018 and BRE Global BIM scheme requirements. It is designed to be used with contract forms, supplier’s pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQs) and to demonstrate Information Management (e.g. BIM Maturity) understanding and capability to clients and competitors. It allows you to continuously exceed the appropriate standards and helps you provide the highest level of service to your clients.
Our certification is an independent confirmation that is designed and audited by industry experts involved in BIM standard authoring and recognises that a product, system or service meets the appropriate international standards.
Why BIM and the BRE Global certification programme?
The BRE Global ISO 19650-2:2018 certification scheme benefits design and construction teams by ensuring capability and competency, helping your business and supply chain to demonstrate compliance to ISO 19650-2:2018, accelerating innovation and collaboration of clients and project teams alike. People, process and technology is at the core of the internationally recognised BRE Global certification mark. It provides assurance that you are capable of demonstrating excellence and delivering competently within a BIM project environment and aligning to ISO 19650-2:2018 and regional annexes. By following the requirements specified within ISO 19650-2:2018 and our scheme, BRE Global certification can:
- Differentiate from the competition, demonstrating business-wide excellence
- Conform to internationally recognised good practice
- Give confidence that products and services perform as expected and are monitored by a programme of regular audits
- Demonstrate that your BIM processes are compliant with the internationally recognised BIM ISO 19650-2:2018 standard, which can also increase bidding opportunities
- Reduce resources needed to align disparate systems and improve collaboration
- Remove the requirement for clients to carry out BIM capability assessments of potential supply chains and in doing so streamline the tendering process, saving you time & money
- Increase productivity and collaboration when working within BIM projects
- Help advance and enhance your BIM skills and knowledge
- Ensure your business stays focused and quality is maintained through annual audits from experienced BRE BIM experts
The certification process
Whether you are at the start of your BIM journey and you want to demonstrate that your Information Management processes, procedures and people result in the delivery of ISO 19650-2:2018 compliant services, or you are advanced and want to demonstrate that you have enabled the delivery of BIM projects to ISO 19650-2:2018, we have appropriate certification for you.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit your BIM Standards, Methods and Procedures, BIM documentation and templates.
- Application is assessed based on ISO 19650-2:2018 and BRE Global Scheme requirements.
- An auditor will assess your application of the information management process through appointments.
- Business is advised of assessment outcome through an audit report after each assessment stage.
- Opportunity to address any issues an auditor may raise within your documentation or application of the information management process, by submitting updated documentation or evidence where applicable.
- Once scheme requirements are met, a certification decision can be made.
- Congratulations, your business has achieved ISO 19650-2:2018 BIM Certification.
- Yearly assessment of any changes from initial certification and ongoing compliance with scheme requirements.
- Recertification will be required after 3 years.
If you have suitable projects available, the assessment of your processes, documentation and their implementation can be completed in direct succession, as shown above. Your ISO 19650-2:2018 Certification for Businesses certificate is awarded on successful completion of this process. Alternatively, if projects aren’t yet available, the steps can be completed separately, with a certificate issued following successful completion of each step.
When certification is issued, you receive a certificate and have use of the BRE Global Certification mark to demonstrate and promote your certification.
The timescales to complete the certification process can vary dependent on your alignment with ISO 19650-2:2018. The process can be completed in as little as 6-8 weeks. A common timescale to complete from start to finish is 3-6 months.
If you are considering BRE Global ISO 19650-2:2018 BIM Certification for Businesses, having a BRE Pre-assessment before applying helps by saving you time when preparing for certification. Pre-assessment is not a requirement; however, it should shorten the time for the certification process by indicating readiness for certification, and identifying gaps against ISO 19650-2:2018.
A BIM pre-assessment does not guarantee conformance at any of the certification stages or that there will be a positive recommendation for certification. However, applicants that act upon the issues raised should have a clearer understanding of how they need to implement BIM and the ISO 19650-2:2018 requirements across their business.
To start improving your BIM delivery through our internationally recognised pre-assessment and certification services, whether you’re a Task Team, Lead Appointed Party or an Appointing Party please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free no obligations quotation.
BIM Level 2 and PAS 1192-2:2013
The more recent ISO 19650 series standards and terms are replacing the UK BIM Level 2 standards; we are aware that they are still in use on many projects. While BRE Group recommend our internationally delivered ISO 19650-2:2018 training and certification routes, BRE Group can still offer training and certification against the UK BIM Level 2 standards if required. Please let us know when you contact us and we can provide the necessary quotations.
If you hold PAS 1192-2:2013 certification with BRE Global or any other certification body and wish to transition to ISO 19650-2:2018 and move your existing certification across to BRE Global’s internationally adopted scheme, please contact us to find out what is best for you.
Certification Services provided by BRE Global Limited, Pre-assessment services provided by BRE Limited.