Case study: Radically regenerating Hayes Manor School and its grounds.
BRE was appointed to carry out a feasibility study for radically regenerating Hayes Manor School and its grounds in Hillingdon.
This project offers the local community a Learning Village that includes a secondary school with performing arts and sixth form centres, an open learning and lifelong learning centres, dual use sports / leisure facilities and additional community services such as health, children’s and social services centre.
BRE’s key responsibilities and outputs included:
- identifying and developing various design options
- site and building design plans to RIBA Stage C
- virtual fly through of the proposed schemes
- developing of output specification documents
- drafting technical specification
- financial modelling of options
- consulting with local industries
- liaising with key stakeholders including local planners,
- advising the wider stakeholder groups of the scheme and its benefits
BRE’s involvement has since been extended to take the project forward to planning (RIBA stage D).